Wednesday, May 3, 2017

E Komo Mai, Welcome


So much has happened since my last post at the Tokyo Tiki Room...

Most importantly, the Tokyo Tiki Room has moved because I have moved to... Chicago.  That said, we'll pick up with the pop culture reports, restaurant reviews and general geekiness, but instead of being in Tokyo, they'll be coming from Chicago. 

Not only that, I have unexpectedly become jobless (at least full-time) so there's a good chance that I'll be posting more, at least until I obtain a full time job.  You can hear more about my job search here.  I'm going on month two of the search, so hopefully it won't last much longer.

During our New Year's party, I remember telling my wife, Mom and cousin Ryan that 2017 would be a great year.   So far it's been a pretty difficult 2017- my employer lets me go only six months after hiring me away from my company in Japan, there are still no main male East Asian heroes in the Marvel Universe and the heavily-favored Blackhawks get bounced out of the playoffs in the first round.  Not sure which is the worst.  I guess it can only get better... The picture above demonstrates that it is really possible to hit the jackpot; I got this at Enchanted Castle and won 1,000 tickets.  Hopefully that'll occur with my next permanent role.  That'll balance the poor luck of the past few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Been A Long Time... Part Deux.

A long lag in posts, what’s going on? Well let’s see. In the past 11 or so months, I worked a counsel role via an agency for 7 months and…...