Sunday, June 11, 2017

Second Appeal Rejected for Mail Claim


Well, you can't say I didn't try. The second appeal for the insurance claim for my damaged miniatures was rejected last week. You can read more about this here.

The second appeal is the last line of administrative remedies and the next steps would be to press forward in court. Going to court over a 150-160 dollar claim for damaged miniatures is way too much for me. So not only did I end up with a broken batch of Warmachine/Hordes miniatures, I lost hours of time and sanity working on this claim. I'll find out via snail mail why the second appeal was denied, but I assume it was the fact that I did not have a valid receipt, evidence of purchase, etc. This is an important lesson- if you send items to loved ones or trade items, it's probably not worth it to insure them because the USPS' evidence standards for valuating items are high. Mind you, if I had made an eBay purchase, this would not have been a problem since I could just send the USPS my eBay receipt to valuate the damaged goods.

My trading partner, Patrick, was awesome though and sent me some replacement miniatures as a token gesture. If not for him,I'd be much more pissed at the USPS. Thanks for the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Been A Long Time... Part Deux.

A long lag in posts, what’s going on? Well let’s see. In the past 11 or so months, I worked a counsel role via an agency for 7 months and…...