Thursday, August 31, 2017

Lolli and Pops; French Market, Downtown Chicago


Quick mid-week post.  During one of the interviews downtown I had the pleasure of discovering Lolli and Pops in the French Market at Ogilvie Station.  The truffles were all so pretty that I had a hard time deciding which ones to select.  Yeah I know that someone only making part-time wages shouldn't be splurging sixteen bucks on four truffles, but damn these things are big and beautiful.  More importantly, the truffles were a little something for wifey, who's courage in moving to the U.S., ability to get a job at the kid's elementary school and patience in dealing with me is greatly appreciated.  She's worth every bit of the sixteen dollars spent!  

As an aside, what's particularly frustrating is that nearly one month later, I still haven't heard back from the large publisher I interviewed with after the interviewer told me the next step would be for me to meet the rest of the team...  Why lead me on and then not have the courtesy to tell me they aren't interested?  Worse yet, my status inquiries have been ignored.  Maybe that's a sign how the company is run and I should be glad I'm not joining them.  Anyhoo, at least I got some awesome truffles as a result of my haul downtown.

Here are some pics:
When you get a box like this, you know you've paid for quality or at least an expensive box.
The Fab Four!
Wifey thought the black cat was a mouse.  This guy was creamy dark chocolate delight.
My favorite here, the key lime truffle, really smooth taste.
Perfect mix of dark chocolate and sea salt caramel on this one.  My wife's favorite of the bunch I think.
This birthday cake truffle was the big guy of the box. Pleasantly not too sweet.
Thanks for the read and talk later during the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Been A Long Time... Part Deux.

A long lag in posts, what’s going on? Well let’s see. In the past 11 or so months, I worked a counsel role via an agency for 7 months and…...