Monday, June 19, 2017

Happy Father's Day! Miller's Ale House; Lombard, Illinois


Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there!  Although money is tough due to the job situation, we dipped into savings for a special Father's Day dinner.  Instead of Yorktown Mall's food court as originally planned, we chose Miller's Ale House in Lombard, which is right across the street from the mall.

The Ale House, as we used to call it, is not a new dining experience for me.  Years ago when I was in entertainment with Disney at the Parks in Orlando, the Ale House was a favorite hangout joint.  I remember sipping cherry cokes and eating while watching Blackhawks games on the screens because it was the only place in Orlando I knew of that would honor requests to watch out-of-area games.  Fast forward to nearly 20 years later and I am bringing my wife and kids to an Illinois location of one of my faves.  The good thing is the interior looks the same (many, many, many T.V. screens) and the menu still has the same great affordable eats such as burgers, sandwiches, steaks and other comfort food (although sadly, the baked seafood platter I remember from my parade days is not on the menu any longer).

Instead of Orlando Magic, Tampa Bay Lightning and Buccaneer bling on the walls, Miller's proudly displays the Hawks, Cubs, Bears, Bulls and Sox.
 T.V. screens, T.V. screens, T.V. screens and more T.V. screens!!!
Since it was my special day, I chose the 17.99 Father's Day Surf and Turf Special.  The steak had just the right amount of seasoning.  Most importantly, the steak was cooked perfectly medium and the lobster tail was not overcooked.
Wifey chose the Key Lime Chicken Salad.  Both of us liked it.  The chicken was not tough.  See the trend here?  Meat cooked the way we like it.  The dressing was zingy but not too tart.
The kiddies picked the Mac & Cheese and Burger kid meals.  The kid meals were a great value, 4.99 each.  The meals come with a drink and ice cream as a dessert.  I was really surprised because my seven-year old completely finished her burgers.  That means... the food is good.
Sitting there listening to my family talk and enjoying the good eats together made me feel extremely lucky.  And while I miss my Mulan Parade crew from my Disney entertainment days dearly, I wouldn't trade anything in the world for the company of my awesome wife and two wonderful little stinkers on our first Father's Day together in the U.S.

Back to the Ale House, I give it five out of five steaks for great food, affordable prices and memories of my days with Disney.   Thanks for the read, and take note of the weekly specials below as of June 2017.  We'll definitely be back on a Tuesday night.




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Been A Long Time... Part Deux.

A long lag in posts, what’s going on? Well let’s see. In the past 11 or so months, I worked a counsel role via an agency for 7 months and…...