Saturday, June 3, 2017

End of an Era, Goodbye My Beloved Salamanders





I spent most of 2015 and 2016 painting my latest Salamanders force for Warhammer 40K.  With the upcoming release of the 8th Edition of the game in mid-June (and less funds than I've had in a long time), really have no choice but to sell my Sallies in order to get the new codexes and Primaris marines.  The eBay auction is here:

Here are some good memories of painting them over the years.  Pretty simple job- primer, desert yellow spray and then multiple layers of green Army Painter inks.

Here's the gang from my apartment in Myoden outside Tokyo in May 2016:


Here's my badass Leviathan Dreadnought in the process of getting painted:




Here's some of my rank and file space mahreens in process:

Love the fact you can see my socks in the above picture...  My Librarian, not the hot one in that Tears for Fears "Head Over Heels" video:



And my faves of all time, my Tartaros Terminators which were done here in Wheaton, not too long before my previous company showed me the door:




Here they are in all of their glorious final forms:










For spending time in Tokyo and Wheaton with me and giving me the pleasure of building and painting you, I salute you and will miss you guys dearly!  Go win some battles for another lucky gamer.  Thank you for the read and good luck bidding.




No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Been A Long Time... Part Deux.

A long lag in posts, what’s going on? Well let’s see. In the past 11 or so months, I worked a counsel role via an agency for 7 months and…...